Friday, September 26, 2008

Hungry in Noida

Probably sounds like a title for a personal ad, but yes I am in fact hungry in this sham for a small town. I've been here in the Delhi whereabouts for almost 2 months now and haven't a clue where to go for good food. I must admit that I have been trying to eat cheap lately, and cheap doesn't always equate to good. Wow, eating out in Noida can really eat into your budget. I had been warned before I left, although I never really paid any heed to such sagacious counsel until it was my own money that had to be spent. You see, in my previous company, I got all my food paid for, and now it hurts when there is no one to fall back on.

So, now I have been straying from anything too pricey, but once the pocket gets filled with the salary, I'm definitely not opposed to some fine-dining here and there.

So I'm putting out the call to any Delhiites out there or anyone else in the know, for places I could wine and dine and do it cheap. Fancy eats, cheap eats, pub grub, be it your favourite places to go and secret finds please direct them all my way. I can't stay hungry (and poor) for much longer.

Also, I might not have mentioned in previous posts but I have a bunch of dishes I made at home here that have never made its way onto the blog yet. So I am able to get by. Just barely. I don't have an internet connection to be proud of at the moment, and am making use of free wi-fi in the coffee cafes, so posts are probably going to be even more sporadic than before, until I am once again reunited with the world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have a cook for heavens sake!