Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A delicate tear in the fabric of . . . .

My heart plummets with my eyes as I spy a glimmer of white on a thing that should be nothing but blue. Confusion, shock, horror, desolation. Emotions ran wildly through my face, manipulating the muscles to convey the car wreck of thoughts I was experiencing. Cotton strands sprouted from the tear in the denims and I fingered it gently to see how bad the damage was. I wish I could say i got it by defending some poor old lady from a gang of knife wielding youths, or even grabbing someone out of the way of a speeding car and pulling them away in the process, but no; i snagged it on the nail that I have been promising myself to fix for the last three weeks. And so I held my pair of jeans, my prized possession of a six year and a half, and sobbed.

On the bright side of things, I am finding new uses for electrical tape.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o how i wish it was that blue tshirt you ve been wearing from second standard

Bourbon Legend said...

Pls join me in framing a eulogy for sacred blue t shirt too... Met a similar dastardly end.

Amen.