Friday, May 22, 2009

How do you creep under my skin so easily?

I was tired to the bone. After some barefooted squash. That was a day earlier and I still could hardly keep my eyes open. But I listened and laughed anyway... Hell, she could have been reading the telephone directory aloud and I would have been enthralled. Looking. Trying to keep up. Eventually, she laid down and fell asleep, and I just laid there and stared for a while.

She has this tiny little scar on her face and a light frown as she lay there, and I remember her sleeping all curled up with her head resting on her shoulder and her hand nuzzled under her. I just sat there as quiet as I could be while she slept.

After about two hours, she woke up, and opened her eyes and asked me something about the world we live in, along the lines of what I learnt sometime in geography 7th grade. She did impulsive things like that all the time... She made me want to run out and learn all the secrets of the universe just so I could come back and answer all her questions. I however ended up sputtering my way through "I don't know, but I guess something blah blah ummm ... blah.". Then I remember she looked up at the ceiling for a minute, like she was thinking about something, then she turned back to me again, smiled, and said "Do you want to kiss me?".

Do I ?

I couldn't manage to say a "yes", but I think I was able to manage a nod, then I reached over & pulled her to me and I kissed her. It was amazing;

Then, all of a sudden, she stopped. She looked up at me and amidst this torrent of thoughts running in my head, one stood out.

"I have a girlfriend".

3 comments:

The person being referred to in the post said – said...

I still hear your voice when you sleep next to me
I still feel your touch in my dreams
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why
Without you it's hard to survive

'Cause every time we touch, I get this feeling
And every time we kiss I swear I could fly
Can't you feel my heartbeat fast
I want this to last
Need you by my side

'Cause every time we touch, I feel the static
And every time we kiss I reach for the sky
Can’t you feel my heart beat so
I can't let you go
Want you in my life

Your arms are my castle
Your heart is my sky
They wipe away tears that I cry The good and the bad times
We’ve been through them all
You make me rise when I fall.

- Cascada

Orhime said...

この週末の私はあなたを欠場

The Mute Spectator said...

"Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why..Without you it's hard to survive"

These are the hardest moments of life...

"Today. Well I just cried."

...and we rarely know what to say to who.

..makelovenotwar..