Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why I need supervision.

Oh well... It's a been a few weeks since I had access to technology. So a lot of the posts that will follow were typed while ago, I just didnt get the time to post earlier.
So Amsterdam is awesome. So one and a half nights of Pub-Crawling later (and I have the t-shirts to prove it) we are back to adding new entries on to our science-experiments-gone-wrong .

Creating a Storm in a Teacup 2 Litre Plastic Bottle
Water vapor, pressure, temperature and seeding are what it takes to make a cloud. Below are instuctions to become a rainmaker with a two-liter plastic bottle, some warm water, a match, and some hand .

This is demonstration is meant to be safe. But all the better, do not try it at home. I well without lawsuits. And if you are my friend I trust you even less with matches. But I suppose it can't be helped.


Empty a two-liter plastic bottle. You don't necessarily have to drink it all. The last thing we need is you doing this while over-caffeinated. Fill the bottom with hot water. Just half an inch should do. Light a match and hold the head of the match inside the tip of the bottle until the bottle fills up with smoke. Cap the bottle tightly.

Wait until the air inside the bottle has cleared and then squeeze the bottle a few times. After a few squeezes, when you release, a cloud should form inside the bottle. Congratulations, you're a Wizard.

Feel free to send me your tuition for Hogwarts.

No comments: