Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Breaking up. . . All over again.


This is hard. And I want you to know that I didn't expect this. I didn't uh, see this coming. But I umm I've reached a decision and I think it is time that we break up.

And you probably want to know why. You deserve to know why. Its because I have met someone else. Its not that you are bad company. Actually if I think about it, you've probably been very very good to me - if I really honest about it, I've had some of my best times with you. Its just that I have come to realise that the things I used to think were important aren't anymore. For instance, sharing. You've never been that good at sharing. And I am realizing that its something that it is more important to me now. With my blackberry I can send a song as an email, I can post it to facebook, I can even setup a caller ringtone all with just a couple of clicks. You've been really closed off. You have to admit that sometimes it is really hard to get something out of you.

And then you know, there is experimentation and wanting to feel more free and adventurous. You know, with the berry I have all these apps that are really fun, they are easy to use, sometimes even borderline cool. I can play around with videos and effects. I can even add a soundtrack to a video that I recorded. I don't know - maybe for you, things like shaking to shuffle and creating less than genius playlists was really exciting. But honestly it wasn't really for me.

And maybe the most important thing is, you are not always there. I know that is hard to hear, but you are not. And my smartphone is just always by side. If something happens, I have a three hour layover, I want to be entertained as I eat lunch, even if I am lost on a pointless conference call - it is there for me. I have to remember to bring you along all the time, otherwise you just sit there at home.

Waiting.

It is torture.

I am sorry, this probably makes me out to be a bigger jerk. I don't mean to be. It is just that I have come to realize this now. And... I don't even really know what else to say. I guess I should just probably just stop. Yeah, I am just going to go. And go.


No comments: