Friday, October 24, 2008

Homeward bound

In 6 hours, I head back home for a few days. I love going to visit, it’s so relaxing. After living in Hyd and now Delhi, it’s like an escape to another, calmer world.

Some things I look forward to:

warmer nights
coffee served everywhere, and its not the instant type
mega breakfasts (scrambled eggs, dosas, onions, chutneys and crushed up chillies, served with yesterdays chicken and super-thick, warm sweet sambhar)
the wide, quieter streets & overall lack of traffic (okay comparitively)
Briyani - non sweet, mixed uniformly, lots of meat
the warm air, the high humidity and the gusty winds - always occurring together
the smell of the fresh cut grass on the little garden that my mom rears
plush living in my parents’ house
driving cars again
chamiers
crossword puzzles - i only seem to spare time for them on airplanes


Things I love even more now that I have lived in delhi:

safe tap water and ice
even the most unassuming of people speak un-accented English
sane drivers on the roads. the most road rage that gets displayed is a muttered swear
everybody understands tam
murugan idli kadai
the beach
Catching zzzzzs whenever I want

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what about the kind soul who takes for mammoth breakfasts at chamiers.

Bourbon Legend said...

the soul ? .. not so much

Bourbon Legend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.