Friday, April 13, 2007

One True God

I'll never get why we are supposed to love these conferences that are called for ever so often. I love discussing in abstract , doodling incoherently as they discuss outcomes that will definitely have no far reaching changes. However, I do not like meetings where my attendance is required and my input is not appreciated or desired. That's how my day has been for the last two days.

I've been working my ass off on a project that will not actually kick off until after I should have moved out of here. Further, most of the other members of the team are the gods in the office. Only the opinions of the gods are truly considered. Of course, I should mention that the opinions of the gods pretty much reflect the opinion of the facilitator so there's not even value added by the gods. Not so conducive to additional input from the non-gods if I don't say so myself.

Now, this doesn't mean that the input of the non-gods is not sought. In fact, I've been called on and asked why I have no input.

There are atleast two reasons that I can attribute to that. a) I have no input because I wasn't told what to prepare for and b) Nobody told me that I'd need to prepare for it at all. On two occasions when I did have input, such thoughts (which more or less seemed related) were casually thrown aside when the gods didn't appear to readily jump behind me.

So today, after 6 hours of meeting and 6 pages of my designs of synchronised battle axes, I have come to realize that the entire meeting was just set up for the facilitator to mentally masturbate. But then I guess its part of being God. What could be more fun than calling an endless two day long meeting to listen to yourself talk, accept feedback that supports your initial opinion, and requires the non-gods to write down every single pondering thought you might have?

Off to a second session. It's enough to make me eat my drawings (on insipid paper - yes, i've tasted). Seriously, I could be chewing nails and be more productive than having to sit though any more of this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

since ur propogating happiness (in the middle of the night).. we want a happy post!

Anonymous said...

people dont really blog when they are happy do they

Bourbon Legend said...

naah...

spread joy - and you type alone,
bitch - and the world is more fun.