Friday, December 05, 2008

You know what really brightens a day?

Being diagnosed with pneumonia.

Yeah, despite starting to feel a little better on Tuesday, the fever returned over the week and never left. I also feel like ass and sound even worse. Finally, I gave in and called the doctor this afternoon.

So, ahead of me, I've got at least a couple of days of staying at home and a nice big pile of antibiotics. On the upside, I have a nice bottle of codeine-rich cough syrup to make my days at home fly by. Hopefully I can avoid any conference calls. I'd hate to slur my way through an important meeting.

I keep see-sawing with the cold, alternating between phlegmy death and 100 health and armour every hour or so. Got caught in some nasty weather yesterday, my own fault for shunning sweaters in favour of the breezy look. I've always felt the cold more than most, and have taken to wearing thermals all the time, and sleeping with both a duvet and a blanket.

Stupid global warming. Why can't it just live up to its name.

No comments: